The police carried out 18 raids and arrested 14 people as part of their investigations into the Vienna attack
The police carried out 18 raids and arrested 14 people as part of their investigations into the Vienna attack

On Tuesday, ISIS claimed responsibility for the Monday attack in Vienna, in a statement broadcast on its Telegram channels.

The statement stated that an “Islamic State fighter” carried out the Vienna attack, which killed four people. In a separate transcript attached to a picture of the armed attacker, the organization’s “Amaq” agency reported, “a firearms attack carried out yesterday (Monday) by an Islamic State fighter in Vienna.”

And Austrian Interior Minister Karl Niehammer announced Tuesday that the police carried out 18 raids and arrested 14 people as part of their investigations into the bloody shooting in Vienna.

“18 raids were carried out in Vienna and Lower Austria, and 14 people were arrested,” he said in a televised press conference.

The minister emphasized that there is no evidence so far that the deadly attack in central Vienna was carried out by more than one attacker.

He said that the footage was seen by the police “does not at the present time show any evidence of a second attacker.”

He succeeded in deceiving us
The Austrian minister indicated that the perpetrator of the attack in Vienna had succeeded in “deceiving” the extremist rehabilitation program and those charged with following it.

In April 2019, the perpetrator of the attack was sentenced to 22 months in prison for trying to go to Syria to join the Islamic State, but he was released early, which was criticized by Minister Karl Nihamer in front of journalists.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here